Books Download The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1) Free

Specify Books Concering The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)

Original Title: The Game of Kings
ISBN: 0679777431 (ISBN13: 9780679777434)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Lymond Chronicles #1
Characters: Mary of Guise, Queen of Scots, Francis Crawford of Lymond, Mary Queen of Scots, Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox, Christian Stewart, Thomas Erskine, Richard Crawford
Setting: Scotland,1547
Books Download The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1) Free
The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1) Paperback | Pages: 543 pages
Rating: 4.19 | 7280 Users | 1046 Reviews

Details Epithetical Books The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)

Title:The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)
Author:Dorothy Dunnett
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 543 pages
Published:April 29th 1997 by Vintage (first published 1961)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. Scotland. Fantasy. Adventure

Rendition During Books The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)

Dunnett introduces her irresistible hero Francis Crawford of Lymond, a scapegrace nobleman of elastic morals and dangerous talents whose tongue is as sharp as his rapier. In 1547 Lymond is returning to his native Scotland, which is threatened by an English invasion. Accused of treason, Lymond leads a band of outlaws in a desperate race to redeem his reputation and save his land.

Rating Epithetical Books The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)
Ratings: 4.19 From 7280 Users | 1046 Reviews

Criticism Epithetical Books The Game of Kings (The Lymond Chronicles #1)
Re-read 8/3/08. Historical novel set in 16th century Scotland and England (later books in the series range farther afield). Francis Crawford of Lymond returns to Scotland in despite a charge of treason hanging over his head and sets up a band of outlaws that causes havoc for forces on both sides of the English-Scottish war. The first 100 pages or so are a bit slow, though things get much better after that. Like Lymond himself, the book is witty, complex, and occasionally hilariously caught up in

THE GAME OF KINGS (Historical Novel non-mystery) ExDorothy Dunnett 1st of seriesIn 1547 Francis Crawford of Lymond returns to his native Scotland, which is threatened by an English invasion and the bloody rivalries of its nobles. Accused of treason, hunted by friend and enemy alike, he leads a company of outlaws in a desperate race to redeem his reputation, even at the cost of his life.***This is a superb series filled with action, intrigue, humor, tragedy, war, romance and, yes, a bit of

Have you read the reviews for this book? It is almost universally loved. So I'm taking a different approach. Five reasons NOT to read The Game Of Kings:1) The author is clearly looking for intelligent readers who are willing to invest a little sweat for the big payoff. If you don't like to work for your entertainment, DON'T READ THIS. If you don't mind a little elbow grease, however, you will be well rewarded for your effort. Note: Even if you arm yourself with a decent dictionary (like the one

$1.99 Kindle sale, June 23, 2019. If you ever feel like you need a REALLY mentally challenging novel, I have the solution right here.Game of Kings, first published in 1961, is an intricate, well-plotted tale of the conflict between England and Scotland in 1547, when Mary Queen of Scots is a very young child, and the machinations of the various players in that conflict, especially Francis Crawford, called Lymond. Lymond is a young man, exiled from Scotland for treason, who has now snuck back into

Attention: Please ignore the word romance in the goodreads description. I would argue that classification.I spent years trying to get anyone I knew to read this book just so I could talk about it with someone other than myself. I've even given it as a gift half a dozen times or so. Useless. They all whine its too hard to follow with the classical references, obscure poetry, and French quotes. I say the story stands on its own without the reader being as well-read as dear Dorothy. Or you could

In the hands of a less-skilled writer, this could have been a real page-turner The Game of Kings has all the ingredients to make it an irresistible read: a romantic, handsome, complex hero, an exciting historical setting and era, family drama and politics, well-researched details and vivid descriptions, intrigue and mystery.But like the hero, Lymond, the novel itself is in turns brilliant and frustrating. Scotland, 1547. Diplomacy having failed, England has used force to bring Scotland into an

Attention: Please ignore the word romance in the goodreads description. I would argue that classification.I spent years trying to get anyone I knew to read this book just so I could talk about it with someone other than myself. I've even given it as a gift half a dozen times or so. Useless. They all whine its too hard to follow with the classical references, obscure poetry, and French quotes. I say the story stands on its own without the reader being as well-read as dear Dorothy. Or you could

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.