Free Books Online The Broom of the System

Mention Regarding Books The Broom of the System

Title:The Broom of the System
Author:David Foster Wallace
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 467 pages
Published:May 25th 2004 by Penguin Books (first published January 6th 1987)
Categories:Fiction. Novels. Literature. Contemporary. American
Free Books Online The Broom of the System
The Broom of the System Paperback | Pages: 467 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 18617 Users | 1473 Reviews

Narrative In Favor Of Books The Broom of the System

Published when Wallace was just twenty-four years old, The Broom of the System stunned critics and marked the emergence of an extraordinary new talent. At the center of this outlandishly funny, fiercely intelligent novel is the bewitching heroine, Lenore Stonecipher Beadsman. The year is 1990 and the place is a slightly altered Cleveland, Ohio. Lenore’s great-grandmother has disappeared with twenty-five other inmates of the Shaker Heights Nursing Home. Her beau, and boss, Rick Vigorous, is insanely jealous, and her cockatiel, Vlad the Impaler, has suddenly started spouting a mixture of psycho-babble, Auden, and the King James Bible. Ingenious and entertaining, this debut from one of the most innovative writers of his generation brilliantly explores the paradoxes of language, storytelling, and reality.

Identify Books Toward The Broom of the System

Original Title: The Broom of the System
ISBN: 0142002429 (ISBN13: 9780142002421)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Lenore Beadsman, Rick Vigorous, Candy Mandible, Andy (Wang-Dang) Lang, Melinda (Mindy) Metalman, Clarice Beadsman, Stonecipher LaVache Beadsman, Stonecipher Beadsman III, John Beadsman, Patrice LaVache Beadsman, Vlad The Impaler (TBODS), Dr. Jay Curtis, Norman Bombardini, Mr. Bloemker
Setting: Cleveland, Ohio(United States)


Rating Regarding Books The Broom of the System
Ratings: 3.84 From 18617 Users | 1473 Reviews

Evaluate Regarding Books The Broom of the System
I am angry at myself for finishing this book. It was a total waste of time. The only reason I did finish it was because the author introduced multiple story lines that had NOTHING to do with each other, and I was intrigued to see how Wallace would tie it all together. Which he did not do. At all. "Lets see, I'll have my extremely boring main character's grandmother escape from a nursing home, then completely ignore that point while I have her and her boyfriend lay in bed and tell random short

If my first novel were this good, I'd be tempted to pull a Harper Lee and let that one beautiful work be monument enough to my prowess as both a wordsmith and a storyteller.

DFW did for me again. I love his work. I was worried that I would not enjoy this as much as I did Infinite Jest and Pale King, but I loved it. It was laugh out loud funny. Many great characters orbiting one, Lenore Beadsman.

Okay, so I went into this with weirdly low expectations -- too many reviews saying it's immature, or not as good as the real DFW, the later DFW, but I think I just got tricked by the whole DFW cult thing that so annoys me, even though the books themselves delight me.Anyway, this book was, granted, neither as long nor as difficult as Infinite Jest, but it was still a joy to read. There was the writing, which is beautiful, and also the material, which I guess I expected to be missing or immature,

PORTRAIT OF AN INFINITE JESTER AS A YOUNG MANYou will see it. A dream dreamt and a dream realized. With this book, my small journey is complete (in a way) and I witnessed (in a small way) what went in the making of Infinite Jest. Let me draw the conclusion in broad brushstrokes. The Broom of the System + Girl with Curious Hair is NOT equal to Infinite Jest but a jest that was beginning to take shape in a mind, which in my eyes was capable of achieving anything. What David wanted to do was crack.

This is my introduction to DFW. This book is pretty impressive for being written by a 24-year-old. The problem is this book doesn't hold together really well. It feels like it has a plot but in the end you think about it and it didn't really have one. I didn't care too much for the end of the book and I felt like even though there were a lot of really funny parts, most of the humor is very awkward. I do want to go deeper into Wallace's works.

The Word Out of System Funny, witty and disinhibited, David Foster Wallace's Broom of the System prend à la légère the theories of Wittgenstein and Derrida right from the title, whose significance is partly revealed in a dialogue between Gramma Lenore and her grandson, whom she asks about the more elemental part of the broom the bristles or the handle. When he points the bristles, she triumphantly yells: Aha, that's because you want to sweep with the broom... If what we wanted a broom for was

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.