Books Online Download Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life Free
Particularize Regarding Books Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
| Title | : | Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life |
| Author | : | Emily Nagoski |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 400 pages |
| Published | : | March 3rd 2015 by Simon Schuster |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Science. Feminism. Sexuality. Psychology. Self Help. Health |
Emily Nagoski
Paperback | Pages: 400 pages Rating: 4.28 | 12543 Users | 1808 Reviews
Chronicle To Books Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
An essential exploration of why and how women’s sexuality works—based on groundbreaking research and brain science—that will radically transform your sex life into one filled with confidence and joy.Researchers have spent the last decade trying to develop a “pink pill” for women to function like Viagra does for men. So where is it? Well, for reasons this book makes crystal clear, that pill will never exist—but as a result of the research that’s gone into it, scientists in the last few years have learned more about how women’s sexuality works than we ever thought possible, and Come as You Are explains it all.
The first lesson in this essential, transformative book by Dr. Emily Nagoski is that every woman has her own unique sexuality, like a fingerprint, and that women vary more than men in our anatomy, our sexual response mechanisms, and the way our bodies respond to the sexual world. So we never need to judge ourselves based on others’ experiences. Because women vary, and that’s normal.
Second lesson: sex happens in a context. And all the complications of everyday life influence the context surrounding a woman’s arousal, desire, and orgasm.
Cutting-edge research across multiple disciplines tells us that the most important factor for women in creating and sustaining a fulfilling sex life, is not what you do in bed or how you do it, but how you feel about it. Which means that stress, mood, trust, and body image are not peripheral factors in a woman’s sexual wellbeing; they are central to it. Once you understand these factors, and how to influence them, you can create for yourself better sex and more profound pleasure than you ever thought possible.
And Emily Nagoski can prove it.

Point Books Conducive To Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
| Original Title: | Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life |
| ISBN: | 1476762090 (ISBN13: 9781476762098) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Science & Technology (2015) |
Rating Regarding Books Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
Ratings: 4.28 From 12543 Users | 1808 ReviewsNotice Regarding Books Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
When the title of a book claims to tackle The Surprising New Science, I would expect to actually have new research references and more sciencey information about responsive desire vs spontaneous desire, arousal disorders, and women sexuality. But then again, it is followed by the highly self-help-ish Will Transform Your Sex Life, so I should have known better. The author does throw in some studies and articles - plus some Plato, for good measure -, but the chatty tone of the book is rather thatFor some women I have no doubt this would be a life-changing book. I definitely learned some cool stuff, things I am pissed that I did not know (because, patriarchy). But I guess I'm lucky enough that I don't really need the 'self-help' of this book to help with my sex life, and this aspect is really the meat of the book. Also, Nagoski acknowledges that the book is for and about cisgender women, so that omission didn't bother me (there isn't enough science about trans women or enby people), but
The information in this book is solid gold. A copy should be put in the hands of every person, ideally before they've had sexual contact with another person. But. BUT. The metaphors. Dear Lord, the metaphors. We have sexuality as an accelerator and brakes, sexuality as an overgrown garden, sexuality as a hot water heater, complex feelings as a sleeping hedgehog, sexual interest as a customers seeking a diner, sexual expectations as a touchy monitor tapping her fingernails, our brains as a flock

Its hard not to love a book with a pseudo-vagina on the front; its even harder not to love that same book for smashing all the preconceived ideas we have about female (and by comparison, male) sexuality. Like, for example, did you know that the hymen as an indication of virginity is entirely a social construction and there is no scientific evidence backing it? Using actual, real science, Dr. Emily Nagoski a speak-the-truth-and-only-the-truth sex educator/professor breaks down all the things we
Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life is a nonfiction, self-help book written by sex educator, researcher, and author Emily Nagoski. It educates about a variety of issues that impact women's sexuality, and while some of it got quite repetitive in my opinion and I didn't quite take away as much new information as I expected to, I'm glad I read it. My favorite part discussed how the model of sexual response is based entirely on how men work, and if women
I just want to buy this book for every woman I know. No, every PERSON I know. Nagoski gives the explanation of female sexuality that I think most of us didn't get in health class or anywhere else really. The subtitle is click-bait-y. I do think this book has the power to improve the sex lives of those who read it, but not because it's some kind of kinky how-to book. It can do this because it's a great explanation of how women's bodies work and how history and culture have done us a great
This did more for my mental health than my sexual health, tbh. But then again a big narrative of this book is that where you are mentally affects where you are sexually, which makes sense. The book has 9 chapters and at the end of each chapter it has a TL;DR section, so I'm going to do that for this review. Here are MY main takeaways:1. Everyone is born with a garden to tend (that's our sexuality). What's planted in that garden isn't up to us, it's up to our parents and other outside influences.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.