Online Books Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1) Download Free
Identify Books In Favor Of Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1)
| Original Title: | Forbidden |
| ISBN: | 1599953544 (ISBN13: 9781599953540) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Books of Mortals #1, Books of History Chronicles |
| Characters: | Rom Sebastian, Avra, Neah, Triphon, Feyn, Saric, Jonathan |
Ted Dekker
Hardcover | Pages: 384 pages Rating: 3.94 | 8315 Users | 833 Reviews
Narrative During Books Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1)
New York Times bestselling author Ted Dekker teams with Tosca Lee to create this gripping thriller set in a desolate future. Many years have passed since civilization's brush with apocalypse. The world's greatest threats have all been silenced. There is no anger, no hatred, no war. There is only perfect peace... and fear. But a terrible secret has been closely guarded for centuries: Every single soul walking the earth, though in appearance totally normal, is actually dead, long ago genetically stripped of true humanity. Fleeing pursuit, with only moments to live, a young man named Rom stumbles into possession of a vial of blood and a piece of cryptic writing. When consumed, the blood will bring him back to life. When decoded, the message will lead him on a perilous journey that will require him to abandon everything he has ever known and awaken humanity to the transforming power of true life and love. But the blood will also resurrect hatred, ambition, and greed. Set in a terrifying, medieval future, where grim pageantry masks death, this tale of dark desires and staggering stakes peels back the layers of the heart for all who dare to take the ride.
Itemize Of Books Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1)
| Title | : | Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1) |
| Author | : | Ted Dekker |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 384 pages |
| Published | : | September 13th 2011 by Center Street (first published September 1st 2011) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Christian Fiction. Fiction. Christian. Science Fiction. Dystopia |
Rating Of Books Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1)
Ratings: 3.94 From 8315 Users | 833 ReviewsWeigh Up Of Books Forbidden (The Books of Mortals #1)
I've had Forbidden in my TBR pile for about two years (I know, I'm about to reach book-hoarder status), and I never put it off for any particular reason. In fact, Tosca Lee is one of my favorite authors, and I'll recommend her to most everyone. I've only read one other Ted Dekker novel, and while I can see his widespread appeal, I wasn't amazed by it. It was a good, solid read.To be honest, I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to this review. There were some parts I really loved, and I wasBook Club, July 2017Listened on audiobook via HooplaThis was one of those books that captured my attention with a cool premise, but then disappointed me in the execution of the story. I understand what the author was trying to do considering the premise. Humanity has lost the ability to feel any emotion besides fear. Obviously the story will require emotive language. However, sensationalism doesn't make up for weak writing. The story was rife with clichés, heavy-handed symbolism, mixed
Reminded me of Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy (fantastic read!). Love how Ted draws parallels to the gospels and uses his epics to point to Christ!

I'd forgotten how utterly amazing this series is. The setting, the plot....the setting. The characters aren't that influential in my enjoyment of the book, so that's why they didn't get a mention.But I said setting twice, did you see that? That's because it's BEAUTIFUL! Dekker and Lee created a world that is both medieval and modern. Medieval in that we have castles,leaders rulers, guards knights, and heroes and villains dashing about on horseback; modern in that they have cars, televisions,
Listened to the audiobook and while the narrator did a good job with the voices and emotions, I think this one may be better suited to an actual reading. My own mind could fill in the anger, love and spite of the characters.The overall dystopian premise behind the book was interesting. When it began to fall into the realm of mystical occurrences it started to lose me. I'd rather have the story fleshed out with science completely or fully into the realm of the mystical. And I feel this one could
I can usually get some enjoyment out of just about any book, but I found this one really hard to get into. The premise of the book was really promising, and I even read the prequel first and enjoyed it. But for whatever reason I just found the characters boring and all of their actions so improbable and ridiculous. The way they acted never seemed to match the way the story line and the world was built (they're supposed to consumed by fear and always follow the Order, but they never seem to have
Well... this was one interesting story. I've read Dekker by himself, then Dekker and Healy, and now Dekker and Tosca Lee (whose writing I adore!) I can see bits an pieces of the feminine perspective in this story. The imagery surrounding love was pretty profound. Better to have loved and truly live, then to merely exist. That was a big part of the story. It made me also think of the scripture where it says Jesus came to give us life, and not just life, but abundant life. That symbolism is
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.