Download The Raw Shark Texts Free Audio Books

Details Containing Books The Raw Shark Texts

Title:The Raw Shark Texts
Author:Steven Hall
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 427 pages
Published:April 10th 2007 by Canongate Us (first published January 1st 2007)
Categories:Fiction. Fantasy. Science Fiction. Mystery
Download The Raw Shark Texts  Free Audio Books
The Raw Shark Texts Hardcover | Pages: 427 pages
Rating: 3.87 | 15964 Users | 1798 Reviews

Interpretation During Books The Raw Shark Texts

Eric Sanderson wakes up in a house one day with no idea who or where he is. A note instructs him to see a Dr. Randle immediately, who informs him that he is undergoing yet another episode of acute memory loss that is a symptom of his severe dissociative disorder. Eric's been in Dr. Randle's care for two years -- since the tragic death of his great love, Clio, while the two vacationed in the Greek islands. But there may be more to the story, or it may be a different story altogether. As Eric begins to examine letters and papers left in the house by "the first Eric Sanderson," a staggeringly different explanation for what is happening to Eric emerges, and he and the reader embark on a quest to recover the truth and escape the remorseless predatory forces that threatens to devour him. The Raw Shark Texts is a kaleidoscopic novel about the magnitude of love and the devastating effect of losing that love. It will dazzle you, it will move you, and will leave an indelible imprint like nothing you have read in a long time.

Present Books Supposing The Raw Shark Texts

Original Title: The Raw Shark Texts
ISBN: 1841959111 (ISBN13: 9781841959115)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Eric Sanderson, Dr. Randle
Literary Awards: Arthur C. Clarke Award Nominee (2008), Somerset Maugham Award (2008), Borders Original Voices Award for Fiction (2007), Tähtivaeltaja Award Nominee (2008)

Rating Containing Books The Raw Shark Texts
Ratings: 3.87 From 15964 Users | 1798 Reviews

Rate Containing Books The Raw Shark Texts
Personally, I wouldn't have ended it on such a sappy note, and OF COURSE he's reading Paul Auster in that scene towards the end, but this was a pretty compelling and inventive read overall, even if some of it felt a bit gimmicky at points. One could only hope for such generous criticism of their first novel, so that's why I'm giving credit where credit due. Four out of five stars.

A brief behind-the-scenes recap of "The Raw Shark Texts": Steven Hall is inspired. Writes a brilliant one hundred pages of an unfinished novel. The first hundred pages of 'The Raw Shark Texts' are truly a great read, hinting at something avant-garde, something page-turning in the finest sense of the term. We're all clicking off the rusty old disbelief mechanisms because 'The Raw Shark Texts' is putting it all together. OK, sure, it is yet another

3.5 swimmingly entertained stars.This is the first (or the only one I can remember ironically) book I've liked that someone told me to read from school. Maybe a Ludovician will wipe me memory and I'll forget it, maybe not. But I like it so far. A unique, entertaining, wild ride that needed a little more relationship development, but I liked it overall.

I give up. I'm nearly halfway through the book and I'm putting it down. Maybe, at another time, I'll pick it up again and feel differently but the action/adventure vibe just isn't sitting with me at all. It's like reading The Celestine Prophecy -which I did many, many moons ago- only without the big morality question leading you through to the end. Or, it's like reading Haruki Murakami without his talent for subtle storytelling. Or -sorry to go overboard on this- it's like reading House of

I'm in the middle, wanted to like this book a lot... the start was fantastic, an intriguing look at madness and memory but once we got to the meta physical self indulgence and then in my words "celestine prophecy adventure proving the crazy are really really deep - blahStill reading but blah blah Here's a poem I wrote about this bookLashing out at people who try to justify their craziness as actually mattering to the rest of us.So, you show me the madness, the loss, the lack, the furtive brain

original and interesting so far

3/29/11 update:I want to read it again. I also want Hall to write another book. Come on Steve!!8/19/09 Update:I found a copy of the UK version of this book in a used book store the other day and it prompted me to re-read it. This book is so brilliant it's unbelievable. Reading it a second time brought out, in my mind anyway, what is really going on with this book. I'm truly amazed at Hall's performance here. =================================================================i was walking through

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.