Books Online Download The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2) Free

List Books As The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)

Original Title: The Dead and the Gone
ISBN: 0152063110 (ISBN13: 9780152063115)
Edition Language: English
Series: Last Survivors #2
Characters: Alex Morales, Julie Morales, Briana Morales
Setting: New York State(United States)
Literary Awards: South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2011)
Books Online Download The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2) Free
The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2) Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 34885 Users | 3282 Reviews

Point Regarding Books The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)

Title:The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)
Author:Susan Beth Pfeffer
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:June 1st 2008 by HMH Books for Young Readers
Categories:Young Adult. Science Fiction. Dystopia. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic. Fiction

Narrative To Books The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)

Susan Beth Pfeffer’s Life as We Knew It enthralled and devastated readers with its brutal but hopeful look at an apocalyptic event--an asteroid hitting the moon, setting off a tailspin of horrific climate changes. Now this harrowing companion novel examines the same events as they unfold in New York City, revealed through the eyes of seventeen-year-old Puerto Rican Alex Morales. When Alex's parents disappear in the aftermath of tidal waves, he must care for his two younger sisters, even as Manhattan becomes a deadly wasteland, and food and aid dwindle. With haunting themes of family, faith, personal change, and courage, this powerful new novel explores how a young man takes on unimaginable responsibilities.

Rating Regarding Books The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)
Ratings: 3.84 From 34885 Users | 3282 Reviews

Assessment Regarding Books The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors #2)
This sequel was just as good as the first book! I really love this series. The format and the writing just make the whole thing feel so real! Its a very scary book. At the same time, you just fall in love with these characters. Definitely recommend this one if you are a lover of Post Apocalyptic.

it has come to this. last week, while waiting for more books to come up to shelve, i was idly wondering if this book had come out in paperback yet. it had. so i ran downstairs, pushing folks out of the way on the escalator and making a beeline for teen fiction where i whooped and grabbed a copy. ashamed of my excitement, i made my way back upstairs, trying to figure out how the mighty had fallen. (and by mighty, i mean only those vehemently opposed to adults who read teen fiction). now, i am

The Dead and the Gone has not made it up to my expectations especially after loving Life As We Knew It. I'll talk more about the problems that I found in the book rather than the ones I liked (which were fewer actually)Alex Morales is a seventeen-year-old Puerto Rican New Yorker whose parents disappear in the aftermath of the tidal waves, must must now care for his two younger sisters, Julie and Brianna even when hope seems all gone.The novel explores on how a young man takes on unimaginable

Ugh, this should have been a DNF, but I didn't want to skip this and go onto #3 in the series just in case there was some context I missed out on, or characters from this book that show up later. But god, it was awful. The third person POV just didn't work -- there was literally NO EMOTION the whole way through -- and the storyline (asteroid hits the moon, world thrown into chaos) was pretty much identical to Life As We Knew It. What was the point of going from the beginning again? As a reader,

More like 4,5* but closer to 4. I felt like something was missing. Maybe because is the sequel many things were just thrown in there. Overall I really liked it but it was one of the saddest books I've read. The characters all have to grow up so fast and this time there wasn't a mother to tell them what to do and do all the planning. But they survived.And New York ... I love this city and I knew exactly where all the streets from the book are. It was kinda weird to see this city in position like

I wavered between 2 and 3 stars. But I am a sucka so 3 stars it is.In case you fail to get the wrong idea from reading this review, I have enjoyed reading this series and thinking about the series. Flannery stated it perfectly here, and here, these books are like crack! Or super greasy but yummy food that I cant stop eating even though I have a lot of problems with them. There are huge holes in this book, that I could just not ignore. I do recommend reading the first book and continuing on with

MY RATING⇢ 3.5 ✰STARS✰BOOK TAGS⇣⇢ NOT REALLY A CONTINUATION OF BOOK #1 ⇢ SAME DISASTER --DIFFERENT LOCATION & CHARACTERS ⇢ RELIGION PLAYS A BIG PART ⇢ VIOLENCE IS PLAYED DOWN ⇢ MIDDLE-GRADE TO YAMY THOUGHTS⇣If you think most apocalyptic YA books are too violent, then this is the series for you. These books are even okay for the younger set. Especially, if you like religion or religious characters in your books. For me, personally, this is too glossed over, too religious and overall not very

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.